Real people willing to talk with you. Updated 25Aug2015.
Private Consultation on Your Options
We have a wealth of information that can be helpful when deciding on your treatment options. Contact our chapter leader, William (Bill) Palos, at phone number 309-799-3621, or email him at email@example.com.
Women to Women Support
Prostate cancer as a family disease: a woman’s perspective. Click here to read this essay.
We provide women an opportunity to discuss with other women their concerns with their loved one’s treatments as well as the impact on their own lives. To further support women attending our monthly meetings, we offer a special breakout discussion every other month. These special discussions follow our monthly speaker presentation at the meetings in February, April, June, August, and October. We invite your participation.
Our Women to Women facilitator is Kate Nenninger, MSN, ARNP (Iowa) APN (Illinois), Family Nurse Practitioner. She has worked as a nurse practitioner the past 7 years at Urological Associates in Davenport, Iowa. She also worked for 32 years as an emergency trauma nurse. Her experience provides her an ability to communicate on a personal level with men who have been diagnosed with prostate cancer and women. She says patient education is one of her primary objectives in work.
You are encouraged to attend our monthly meetings. Write us via email on specific concerns at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Local Prostate Cancer Support Group Counselors
When deciding what to do, you can talk to these members of our greater Quad Cities support group who have had one or more of these treatment choices.
When considering active surveillance or watchful waiting, this video will let you know considerations made by others choosing this option: Reflections on Active Surveillance.
- Larry Junis: (309) 798-7037 (2010) email@example.com
- Preston LeMaire: (309) 912-0744 (2008) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dean Easterlund: (352) 751-7662 (2007) email@example.com
- Mike Crider: (309) 799-9817 (2006) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dick Schillig: (563) 355-6919 (2002) email@example.com
- Gene Carstens: (563) 381-3626 cell: (563)-508-0244 (2004) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tom Huddleson: (309) 796-2192 (2004)
- Jim Detlefs: (563) 355-8905 (2010) email@example.com
- Larry Boeken: (309) 798-2932 (2007) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jon Czarnetski: (563) 386-4870 (2005) email@example.com
- Fred Anderson: (563) 355-5001 (2006) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bill Miles: (309) 764-3334 (2006) email@example.com
- Wayne Howell: (563) 359-1404 (2005) firstname.lastname@example.org
RADIATION (External Beam Radiation Therapy):
- Jim Roberts: (563) 359-1502 or cell 563-940-2804 (Hormone and Radiation-2013) email@example.com
- Steve Suiter: (563) 370-2386 (2014) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ray Castel: (563) 323-4502 (2002) email@example.com
- Dennis Brodd: (309) 526-3566 (2002) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bill Smith: (309) 787-6788 or cell 309-230-8588 (Seeds and Radiation-2013)
- Willis Schroeder: (563) 324-9341 (Seeds-2004) email@example.com
- Jim Rastraelli: (563) 355-9952 (Proton-2010) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tim Drain: (309) 799-3228 (Proton-2008)
- Allen Dieter: (309) 496-2028 (Proton-2000) email@example.com
SPECIAL PROCEDURES (Multiple Therapies):
- Leo Williams: (309) 799-3359 (Hormonal/Cryotherapy-2009 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Terry Anderson: (309) 441-5455 (Cryotherapy-2005) email@example.com
- Gary Osborne: (309) 764-9357 (Hormonal/Intensity Modified Rad-2003) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fred Morrison: (309) 762-1955 (Hormonal/Seeds-2002) email@example.com
- John Carran: (309) 593-2343 (Radiation/Seeds-2001) firstname.lastname@example.org
- John Puebla: (309) 762-3872 (Radiation/Seeds-2000)
- John Shearron: (847) 263-1521 (member of Mets Mavrics, a group of advanced prostate cancer patients in the Chicago region) email@example.com